Monday, October 29, 2007

Get the Word Out

To anyone visiting this page who is experiencing what is happening right now on the job hunt I need your help. Please get the word out to people you know in the same boat of nable to get work because they were in the mortgage business. Get them to come visit this page and post comments etc.. I am looking to do what I can to get "our" fair shake in the media but cannot without the "traffic" to back it up. Its one thing for a potential journalist to see this page or my thread on Implode O Meter and see a few posting of people bitching that they can't get jobs they may think huh interesting. If they see hundreds of responses from people all over the country in this bad situation it will seem more news worthy. As many of us needed volume in the mortgage business the same quota goes from here... I want ot make this topic as legit and serious as possible to get the media attention we need...

2 comments:

DinoChick said...

I have 40 years in mortgage banking. So I have a distinquished trail of working in allot of areas, since the late 1960's, but never in sales.

My job hunt is frustrating, as I have found many agencies treat me like I am some weird creature.
Especially when I bring up what my salary was as an underwriter. (and I earned every penny)

Granted, my experience in Excel (better at DU/LP)is somewhat limited, as I spent more time working and meeting outrageous production goals than learning computer processes I didn't use. However, I have been a manager several times, so I have management experience. Isn't that a useful skill?

Being as all my experience is in the mortgage industry, and I can retire in about 8 years, it is doubly hard to try something else. What many employers and agencies don't realize is 90% of us were good employees and worked hard. We are used to working under pressure and meeting production goals. After many years of abuse by many of our employers, years of job hopping to get ahead, lack of retirement, and frequent layoffs this is really the final straw. This is the worst it has ever been.

I survived the 80's, but was a Loan Service Manager then. Plenty of work at that time.

I hope that the blackballing eases up, if it doesn't, there are going to be more foreclosures when some of us can't make our house payments!

hpecmper said...

Myself and several other people e-mailed governor Schwarzenegger in regards to this issue. We received an e-mail back in reference to California web pages that didn’t address this very issue. We too were looking for an extension to the unemployment. We are unable to find a job and are told we are overqualified to take a lesser position. We do need to keep our homes and not add to the credit crisis but if we can’t get employment and the unemployment runs out then there will be additional foreclosures due to this blackball effect from the employment industry. We are not frauds we only did what our supervisors expected from us and that was to close loans.