Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Need your help

Anyone visiting this blog and is falling victim to the current blackballing against ex- mortgage professionals I need your help. Please let me know of companies you know for a FACT are saying do not hire ex-mtg ppl. If you have been turned away for a job without reason other than the typical we went with someone with better credentials I'd like to know aswell.
Some may ask why? I personally have seen jobs advertised where I am a great fit for and have been shot down without even being given a chance to interview that are posted repeatedly. Clearly they are looking for someone to fill that position but choose not to even contact those of us who ARE QUALIFIED because of our past mtg experience.
But I have been hearing and seeing posts online of people saying they were told by the company they interviewed with that the company isnt hiring any ex mtg ppl yet the poster leaves out the company.... So please help me get the names of these companies.

On another note the stories continue to pop up about what is happening to myself is happening to other around the country. I need to hear more experiences and get as many facts as possible on this horrible situation.

4 comments:

fedupwithmtgs said...

Not a slam at you in any way so don't take it this way but I was just wondering, even if we name the Companies, what good is going to do? We still need jobs. Maybe we should write to Oprah or find a reporter who can help. Just a thought because I too am at a loss for words anymore. I am thoroughly disgusted.

Goodlife said...

I saw a bank posting an opening in Monterey, CA that actually said if you are a mortgage or real estate person please don't apply..because you don't qualify, and it will save us the trouble of looking at your resume...kid you not! If it is still posted I will send you the link.

Everything you have been saying is 100% true. We are being treated like evil scum.

I have dozens of unemployed mortgage friends that are unable to get any job in any industry. We are educated, dedicated, and hard working people. We all worked long hard hours during the busy times and have so much to offer any employer.

AE's would make great Pharm. Reps and they tell us that mortgage reps are not welcome. How do they know we can't do that job? Doctors v Mortgage Brokers, what is the difference? People are people and if you can sell it shouldn't matter what you are selling. I guess 20 years of sales experience isn’t what they are looking for….their loss and I hope all the hiring managers have 2/28 mortgages that have reset!

Mad UW said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I was at a job fair this month, speaking with a temp agency. The representative from the agency told me that most employers are not interested in hiring anyone from the mortgage business. He said that most of the employers have said they don't want to invest their time in us and then when the business turns around we are gone. I told him I could understand where they may be coming from, but unless they gave us a chance to talk with them and let them know we are looking for a career change how would they ever know if we would have been great candidates? I gave him my resume and never have heard back. I too, as well as all of my past coworkers are experiencing the same thing. It's just unbelievable to think that you have worked for so many years and you are not worth talking to. I spoke with the unemployment office and told one of the counslers there what I was told, he didn't beleive me. I think maybe if we just say we have been homemakers we will have a chance for a call back, that is pretty sad! I hope the word can get out.

Mad UW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.